You can solve this problem by following few steps:
1) open your terminal window
2) please write following command in your terminal
ssh root@yourIP port
3) Enter root password
4) Now edit your server my.cnf file using below command
if command is not recognized do this first or try vi then repeat: yum install nano.
5) Add the line under the [MYSQLD] section. :
max_allowed_packet=524288000 (obviously adjust size for whatever you need) wait_timeout = 100
6) Control + O (save) then ENTER (confirm) then Control + X (exit file)
7) Then restart your mysql server by following command
/etc/init.d/mysql stop /etc/init.d/mysql start
8) You can verify by going into PHPMyAdmin or opening a SQL command window and executing:
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_allowed_packet'
This works for me. I hope it should work for you.